Undergraduate Scholarship Case Competition 2013
The Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business is excited to announce the third-annual Scholarship Case Competition. Prospective McColl School undergraduate business majors choosing to participate will have the opportunity to analyze a business case and present their findings and recommendations in a two round competition. Round 1 is a written case analysis (no more than 4 pages). In round 2, each finalist is required to visit campus and present to a panel of McColl School faculty, alumni, local business leaders, and finalists from the previous year. Prizes for the competition may be used for tuition at Queens University of Charlotte and are as follows:Prizes for the competition are as follows:
- First Place - $7500 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Second Place - $5000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Third Place - $2500 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Honorable Mention - $1000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
Round 1 entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM January 25, 2013. Round 2 of the Scholarship Case Competition will be held at Queens University of Charlotte in Charlotte, NC on February 23, 2013.
High school seniors planning to attend Queens on a full-time basis in fall 2013. Participation in the case competition is completely optional.
Regarding eligibility for other scholarships: Students will be evaluated for admissions scholarships independently of their participation in the case competition. It is entirely possible to place in the case competition and still earn an additional merit scholarship. Conversely, students who have earned a Queens merit award are welcome to participate in the case competition for a chance to earn more scholarship dollars. Case scholarship competition funds may only be used toward tuition.
Interested? Here are the next steps
- Download the Case Competition Brochure.
- Complete your application for admission (if you have not already done so) to Queens University of Charlotte.
- As soon as you apply to Queens, email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest in participating.
- Submit your completed case to Professor Cox prior to 11:59 PM January 25, 2013.
- If you have any questions, contact your admissions counselor or email email@example.com.
- MBA and MSOD Programs Recognized in CBJ
- Conceptual Era Places Emphasis on Liberal Arts
- New MSOD Course: Learning & Facilitation
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Queens' Online MBA Ranked Best in North America
- 2016 Case Competition
- Debra Plousha Moore Recognized as BusinessWoman of the Year Award Recipient
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- McColl School Undergrads Teach Middle School Students Leadership Skills