Undergraduate Scholarship Case Competition 2013
The Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business is excited to announce the third-annual Scholarship Case Competition. Prospective McColl School undergraduate business majors choosing to participate will have the opportunity to analyze a business case and present their findings and recommendations in a two round competition. Round 1 is a written case analysis (no more than 4 pages). In round 2, each finalist is required to visit campus and present to a panel of McColl School faculty, alumni, local business leaders, and finalists from the previous year. Prizes for the competition may be used for tuition at Queens University of Charlotte and are as follows:Prizes for the competition are as follows:
- First Place - $7500 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Second Place - $5000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Third Place - $2500 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
- Honorable Mention - $1000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business.
Round 1 entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM January 25, 2013. Round 2 of the Scholarship Case Competition will be held at Queens University of Charlotte in Charlotte, NC on February 23, 2013.
High school seniors planning to attend Queens on a full-time basis in fall 2013. Participation in the case competition is completely optional.
Regarding eligibility for other scholarships: Students will be evaluated for admissions scholarships independently of their participation in the case competition. It is entirely possible to place in the case competition and still earn an additional merit scholarship. Conversely, students who have earned a Queens merit award are welcome to participate in the case competition for a chance to earn more scholarship dollars. Case scholarship competition funds may only be used toward tuition.
Interested? Here are the next steps
- Download the Case Competition Brochure.
- Complete your application for admission (if you have not already done so) to Queens University of Charlotte.
- As soon as you apply to Queens, email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest in participating.
- Submit your completed case to Professor Cox prior to 11:59 PM January 25, 2013.
- If you have any questions, contact your admissions counselor or email email@example.com.
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- The Dean's Perspective - October 2015
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations
- McColl School of Business Welcomes New Dean Richard Mathieu
- Jane Williams Joins McColl as Program Manager
- Seeking McColl School Mentors
- MSEC Alumni are Published in International Coaching Psychology Journal
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of the McColl School Richard Mathieu
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchell Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Announces New Director of Development for the McColl School of Business