Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
On May 12, Queens University of Charlotte, in partnership with Wells Fargo Private Bank and the Mint Museum, held the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon.
The event was held at the Mint Museum Uptown and brought together women who live their lives with passion and purpose. Together, they gained insight on the unique leadership attributes women bring to leading change and making an impact. Guests listened to speakers who are visionary women in the community including Madelyn Caple, Pamela Davies, Vi Lyles, Kathleen Jameson, Laura Schulte and Joan Zimmerman. Attendees also experienced a private viewing of the Mint Museum's newest exhibition, Women of Vision: National Geographic Photographers on Assignment.
To view photos from the event visit the Scene & Heard section of the Charlotte Observer.
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Summer in Service program benefits both students and local non-profits
- Legendary soccer coach Fred Norchi to be inducted into the Royals Hall of Fame