Waters Courtyard Adds Beauty to Queens' Campus
Queens' campus just got more beautiful, thanks to the generosity of dedicated donor K. Martin Waters, Jr. and his children.
On a recent visit to campus to see the new Rogers Hall science building, Waters noticed the pathways leading to the north end of campus could use a little tender loving care to make the area more aesthetically pleasing.
For years, the Diana Courtyard has been a focal point on campus, but Waters believed that with other infrastructure updates taking place on campus, it was a great time to resurrect another courtyard on Queens' campus.
Over the summer, a daily crew worked to makeover the area just north of Burwell Hall into what is now Waters Courtyard, complete with brick lined paths leading to other parts of campus, gorgeous landscaping and a fountain. The courtyard was complete just in time for the start of the 2013-2014 school, with classes starting today.
This gorgeous addition to campus will now serve as a place for students to meet, study or just hang out.
Waters made this generous gift in honor of family members who attended Queens: Mary Yates Keesler, 1883 (grandmother); Sarah Keesler Waters Thompson, 1922 (mother); Mary Waters Covington, 1960 (sister); Kathryn McLean Rymer, 2010 (great-niece).
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens