What are the basic tenets and misconceptions about some major faith traditions?
The Center for Ethics and Religion, The Office of Students Activities, and The Chapel will present a panel presentation and discussion of "Faiths in Focus" on Wednesday, January 27 at 7 p.m. in Sykes Auditorium on the Queens University of Charlotte campus, 1900 Selwyn Avenue. The panel will be preceded by light refreshments, beginning at 6:30 p.m. No reservations are necessary.
Panel members will talk about central beliefs of their faith and common misconceptions. Father Patrick Father Patrick Hoare, of St. John Neumann Catholic Church; Minister of Missions Kevin Wright, of Myers Park United Methodist Church ; Mr. Sid Sussman, of Temple Beth -El; Mr. Naim Muhammad, of Masjid Ash-Shaheed and Ms. Chidaabha Vyas. of the Charlotte Hindu Center. The panel will be moderated by Rev. Dr. Diane Mowrey, Queens University Chaplain.
Sykes Auditorium is in the basement of Sykes Learning Center, which is near the intersection of Selwyn and Wellesley.
The mission of the Center for Ethics and Religion is to educate - through dialogue - the Queens community and the broader community on ethics and religion, paying particular attention to the intersection of those two aspects of our lives. Past highlights include a partnership with Union Seminary, sponsoring a student Habitat build in China, and bringing to the University's historic Myers Park campus internationally recognized speakers such as Templeton Prize Winner The Reverend Dr. John Polkinghorne and Dr. Francis Collins, director of the Human Genome Project, who kicked off a four-lecture series on "Languages of God.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university, with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication, and Hayworth College for Adult Studies'
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.