Queens' Whitney Combs nominated for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Woman of the Year"
Queens proudly congratulates Whitney Combs, assistant director of marketing, on her nomination as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Woman of the Year." Whitney is among a group of extraordinary nominees who share a competitive spirit and compassion for others in an effort to find a cure for blood cancers.
As part of this honor, Whitney and the other well-connected nominees are raising funds for blood cancer research. They were also recognized in the USA Today as this is a nationwide effort.
The man and woman that receive the most donations will be crowned the 2014 Man & Woman of the Year. Candidates can receive donations from now until June 7.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) continued advancements over the years are responsible for the blood cancer survival rate doubling and tripling. Many LLS supported therapies not only help blood cancer patients but are now used to treat patients with rare forms of stomach and skin cancers. They're even being tested in clinical trials for patients with a range of cancers including lung, brain, breast, pancreatic and prostate cancers. LLS funded drugs like Gleevec, Sprycel, Arinza, Tasigna and Zolinza are now being tested for patients with other non-cancerous diseases like Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon