New Milestone for Wireman Golf Tournament
When the 2013 Wireman Golf Tournament Committee began planning this year's tournament they knew the bar had been set high. The 2012 tournament was a record breaking year and expectations were to do the same again. The committee set an aggressive goal for the 7th annual tournament and not only did they met them, they set another new record!
The 7th Annual Billy O. Wireman Tournament was held on September 30, 2013 at the Golf Club at Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge. This is the third year that Ballantyne has hosted the tournament. An early morning chill soon faded and the 92 golfers had an absolutely perfect afternoon for the 2 p.m. shotgun start.
Tournament Chair Phillip Brant, PMBA '08 is gracious to the support of the many sponsors and volunteers involved. He says, "I would like to thank our gracious sponsors, the tournament committee and volunteers, the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, and the alumni and friends of the McColl School who joined us for an outstanding event." After the round of golf, the evening concluded with a silent auction, live raffle, dinner and awards ceremony. As enjoyable as this day was, it is much more than an afternoon of golf and fellowship. The tournament raised over $45,000 for the McColl School Excellence Fund which supports graduate student fellowships.
The tournament began in 2006 to honor the legacy of the late Dr. Billy O. Wireman, president of Queens from 1978-2002, and to raise funds for merit and need based graduate student fellowships. For more information about the event sponsors and tournament committee visit the event website.
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens