Countdown to Graduation: Important Details for Students
Applications for Graduation
To be eligible to graduate from Queens University of Charlotte, students are required to complete an
Application for Graduation preferably one year prior to the date they expect to graduate.
1516 & 1617 Deadlines:
|Expected Graduation Date
||Application for Graduation Deadline
|SP 1516 (May 2016)
|SU 1516 (August 2016)
|FA 1617 (December 2016)
|SP 1617 (May 2017)
|SU 1617 (August 2017)
Important Information for the Graduation Application
- Catalog of Entry - Academic Catalog you are following.
- Diploma Name (Carefully consider how you want your name on your diploma and called out at the ceremony).
- There is only one commencement in May. All graduates are welcomed and encouraged to participate in the May ceremony.
The Registrar's Office will email undergraduate students an official degree audit prior to their last registration period. (Provided the application for graduation is received on time).
Unofficial Degree Audits and Unofficial Transcripts can be accessed anytime through MyAccount. Be sure to monitor both each semester. Students are ultimately responsible for fulfilling all requirements for a degree.
Requirements Not Met?
If something is not showing up in the right place or if modifications need to be made, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been given approval to substitute one course for another, a substitution form must be completed and returned to the Registrar.
Confirmation of Degrees
A final audit will be completed once all grades are posted. Students will receive a congratulatory email confirming that all degree requirements have been met. Students who do not complete all degree requirements will also be notified.
Change in Graduation Date
The student is responsible for updating his/her application for graduation. This can be done by resubmitting an updated application for graduation or by emailing email@example.com.
Policy for Commencement
Queens University of Charlotte holds its annual commencement ceremony at the end of each spring semester. Since there is only one commencement ceremony each year, students who are close to completing requirements are allowed to walk, provided they meet the criteria listed below:
- Have two or fewer courses (8 semester hours or less) to complete.
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Must complete the Request for Early Commencement Participation form and return to the Registrar's Office one month prior to the appropriate ceremony.
A student may participate in only one commencement ceremony per degree.
There is a difference in "walking early" and graduating from Queens.
Details about Commencement Ceremony
Learn everything from when to arrive, how to order to your cap and gown, to what information to share with your guests on the Commencement section.
- All students will receive a diploma cover at the actual ceremony. An insert in the cover will instruct May graduates where to pick up their diplomas after the ceremony.
- All graduation requirements and all financial obligations must be satisfied in order to receive the diploma.
Queens University of Charlotte lists only the degree on the diploma (BA, BS, BBA, MA, MS, etc.). The major and minor are not on the diploma. This information is listed on your transcript.
August and December graduates will receive diplomas by mail. You do not have to wait until May.
To earn the designation of Latin Honors to be printed on your diploma and transcript, you must earn a minimum of 60 hours at Queens. Graduate students do not receive honors.
||3.500 - 3.649
|Magna cum Laude:
||3.650 - 3.849
|Summa cum Laude:
||3.850 - 4.000