Bookmark and Share

Registration Information


The Traditional Undergraduate (TUG) Registration requires advising.  Advising and registration are held toward the end of each term.  During this time students consult with their advisors to plan their schedule of courses.  It is the student's responsibility to register online during the designated timeframe.

The Hayworth Undergraduate Registration process requires advising for registration clearance.  Students with last names A-M require advising every fall; and those with last names N-Z require advising every spring. It is suggested that the student schedule appointments with the designated academic advisor as often as necessary to plan course schedules and discuss academic questions.


The University Catalog gives information concerning each area of study and the requirements for major programs. These requirements should be noted carefully by students.

Course Load

TUG students carry 14-18 hours for a normal full-time course load during fall and spring semesters.  Recognizing that some majors or programs can require more in some semesters a student may enroll for more than 20 hours with academic advisor permission and a 3.000 GPA. 

Hayworth adult students while working full time typically carry 6-9 credit hours per term.  Students who are enrolled in fewer than 12 semester hours are considered part-time (P/T) students.  Any student who wishes to take more than 16 hours should consult the academic advisor.

Drop and Add

The student processes all changes in registration online through myAccount. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that his/her schedule is accurate before the close of the drop/add cycle.

Withdrawal from a Course

After the drop/add period ends, a student who does not wish to continue in a course must withdraw from the course by completing an Online Registration Exception  form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. Students must obtain the signature of the advisor. The withdrawal period dates are published in the academic calendar.  A status of "W" is recorded if withdrawal occurs during the withdrawal period.  After the withdrawal period ends, a student may request approval for a late withdrawal from the Student Qualifications Committee (SQC).  The SQC may approve or deny the request.  If approved, a status of "W" is granted and recorded.  

Repeated courses

A course may be repeated only once, either at Queens or another accredited institution, with prior approval of the department chair.  The original grade will remain on the student record. If a course is repeated, the second grade will be calculated into the cumulative grade point average with no additional credit hours earned (effective fall 2015).  If the course is repeated at another institution, the credit but not the grade will transfer leaving only the original grade to be calculated into the cumulative average.
No more than two courses in the major field may be repeated.  Regular tuition is charged for all repeated courses. 

A course may be repeated for credit if the course is listed as "may be repeated for credit" in the University Catalog and all grades and credit hours are included in the transcript.

Auditing courses

A student enrolled in 12 to 16 credit hours and maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or better may, with approval of the instructor and the Registrar, audit a course.  There is no credit given for an audited course and the grade "AU" will appear on the transcript.  Drop/Add and course withdrawal policies apply to audited courses and auditors are expected to attend class regularly.  Regular tuition charges apply.

Courses taken at other institutions

Queens students may take courses at other accredited institutions for credit either during the summer or a regular term provided that the courses are equivalent or supplemental to those at Queens. To receive credit, students must submit a Transfer Credit Approval form prior to enrolling for the course, must make a grade of C- or better in each course and must have the institution provide an official transcript to the Queens Office of the Registrar.  The student's cumulative GPA is not affected by the credit earned at another institution. 

Qualified Queens students may enroll at a Greater Charlotte Consortium institution in any course not offered at Queens and receive full credit without incurring additional fees based on space availability. Arrangements for cross registration are made through the Queens Office of the Registrar.

Consortium members include Belmont Abbey College, Central Piedmont Community College, Johnson & Wales University (Charlotte campus), Pfeiffer University, Queens University of Charlotte, UNC Charlotte, and Winthrop University.

Withdrawal from the University

Students withdrawing from Queens during the term must complete an Official Withdrawal Form. When the form is received the Registrar's Office, the student's courses will be dropped or withdrawn depending on timing of the action The effective withdrawal date is the date the form is received by the Office of the Registrar.  This date will affect tuition refunds and/or financial aid.

Readmission after Withdrawal

An Official Withdrawal from the University requires an application for readmission in order to return to Queens.  An application for undergraduate admission must be submitted including official transcripts from all institutions attended since leaving Queens.  A personal statement of personal goals and accomplishments since leaving Queens must be included.  Readmitted students will be subject to all academic requirements in effect at time of readmission (catalog of the year the student returns).

Withdrawal by the University

For TUGs: Students must maintain continuous enrollment at Queens (excluding the summer term). If a student does not (is absent either fall or spring term without approval), the student will be administratively withdrawn from the University and considered an inactive student.

For Hayworth College: If a student does not register for a course for three consecutive terms without approval, including the summer term, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the University and considered an inactive student.  An inactive student must apply for readmission and will be subject to the academic requirements in effect at the time of readmission (catalog of the year the student returns).

Leave of Absence

With the endorsement of their faculty advisor, students in good standing (cumulative GPA of 2.000 or higher) may request a leave of absence from Queens.  This allows students to be absent from Queens for up to two consecutive terms.  Approval for a leave of absence may be granted for medical or personal reasons, or to enroll in an off-campus academic program or experience that supports the student's program of study.  Prior Queens approval must be received for all courses to be taken at other institutions to ensure those credits will transfer and apply to the degree program at Queens. 

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
Latest Tweet