Standards of Excellence
Inter Greek Council at Queens University of Charlotte
The following is a list of standards developed by the Inter Greek Council in February 2010 to set goals for the Queens Greek community:
Queens Greek Life Standard of Excellence
The Queens Greek Life system has been established since the 1920s. The Greek chapters have provided a well rounded social and philanthropic opportunity for Queens students. The Greek members at Queens University of Charlotte strive to reach beyond the stereotypes of Greek Life and to build a system to exceed expectations by focusing on service, academics, leadership, and brotherhood/sisterhood. The following Standards of Excellence are goals that all Queens Greek Chapters and Members strive to attain in order to strengthen the Queens Greek Community.
The Queens Greeks strive to:
- Maintain a higher All Greek Average GPA than the rest of the Queens traditional undergraduate population.
- Commit to give back to the community.
- Demonstrate honor, truthfulness, and high ethical standards.
- Value the individuality, personal background, and culture of all members and potential members. We strive to provide an environment within our community that is accepting, safe, and open to all.
- Show commitment to the Queens community by engaging in various campus organizations, supporting campus programming, and athletics.
- Develop positive relationships with faculty and staff. We commit to build relationships with students outside of the Greek community.
- Represent the Greek community in the highest manner by committing to responsible use of alcohol at all times. We commit to abstaining from the use of illegal substances. We commit to abstaining from the consumption of alcohol while wearing letters in any form.
- Build relationships and community among chapters by supporting each other's programs and showing respect.
- Create an environment conducive to open communication between chapters and members allowing for open dialogue about issues and concerns.
- Individually hold themselves accountable while maintaining a high level of self respect and constantly reach towards new levels of personal growth and leadership development.
For questions regarding the Standards of Excellence, please contact Jarrod Rudd, the Assistant Director of Student Activities for Greek Life, at email@example.com.