Why Live on Campus
We are so excited that you are living on campus at Queens. We offer a variety of living options - double rooms, single rooms, suite style, corridor style, and apartment style housing. Queens University of Charlotte has instituted a three-year residency requirement that greatly benefits our student body. National research shows that living on campus contributes to greater overall satisfaction and success in college. This research shows that students living on campus:
- are more satisfied with their living environments;
- are more likely to graduate and to enter graduate school;
- meet more diverse people;
- are exposed to a wider range of ideas and cultures;
- develop greater artistic interests;
- develop strong interpersonal skills;
- finish college in less time;
- have more contact with faculty and other students;
- are more likely to have greater self-esteem.
From dining options to the fitness center to Internet connectivity, the Department of Residence Life in collaboration with IT, Dining Services, and many others makes living on campus as convenient as possible. Enjoy wireless internet access in each room and wireless connectivity throughout campus. You will have easy and convenient access to the library, a 24-hour printing station, lounges and community kitchens throughout our residence halls and on-campus apartments. Each building has a laundry facility available for your use at any time, and each room is equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. Living on campus puts you within walking distance of your classes, labs, the library, theaters, concerts, local parks and restaurants, and Uptown Charlotte.
Living on campus plays an important part in higher Grade Point Averages (GPAs) and here are just a few reasons:
- You will have the chance to live with people of common interest and majors.
- You will have a personal, high-speed Internet connection in your room.
- All Residence Halls observe nightly quiet hours to create an environment conducive to studying.
- Residence Hall staff members organize programs that enhance and develop necessary skills for academic success.
- Study groups often meet in many Residence Halls.
By walking down the hall, you will meet people from all around the country and world. You'll have an opportunity to form study groups and join intramural teams. Making lifelong friends will only take a moment. We celebrate diversity at Queens committed to embracing all types of people so that everyone is treated with respect and feels welcome. We welcome and affirm the value and uniqueness that each individual brings to our diverse community. Our Resident Assistant team hosts a wide variety of programs and activities including movies, outings, crafting, cultural events, guest speakers, sports, and impromptu gatherings.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security are a priority while you are studying at Queens. We partner with Campus Police to provide 24-hour safety and security in all of our residential facilities. All residential facilities are equipped with a sensitive smoke alarm system and a sprinkler system in case of a fire. Both Campus Police and Resident Assistants perform nightly walk-throughs of our buildings to ensure the safety and security of our students. All residential facilities remain locked 24 hours per day.