A business internship can prepare you to work in various organizations and industries. Students have interned at private and publicly held companies, nonprofits and with innovative entrepreneurial businesses.
Types of Internships
Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Management and Administration
What You'll Be Doing
- Accounting - Assist with bookkeeping for an organization or individual; learn about the creation and analysis of balance sheets; understand GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles); understand tax filing processes and associated laws.
- Banking - Gain experience in various functional areas associated with the banking industry; complete research and data analysis for divisions including audit, commercial and corporate lending, wealth management and securities; participate in client interactions associated with a variety of banking products and services.
- Finance - Learn the ins and out of interpreting financial data; understand how to plan for an organization's profitable future and manage risk; assist with budget management.
- Management and Administration - Observe and learn the skills required to lead and coordinate the varied activities of a business in order to achieve defined objectives; assist with strategic planning and project management; help with data collection; prepare and present research.
- Marketing - Assist with the activities and processes to create, communicate and deliver products and services to clients and customers; gain an understanding of a products' value proposition, competitive landscape and key demographics; research customers and competitors; write reports on trends; assist with presentations.
- Sales - Engage in activities to support the sales function within an organization; understand sales trends through analysis and make recommendations; perform competitive research; track client profiles.
- Operations - Learn and practice the skills necessary to inspect and manage the processes and risks associated with an end to end business model; engage in research, data collection, day-to-day monitoring and change projects; work in areas including facilities, logistics, compliance and procurement.
Where past Queens Interns have worked
- Bank of America
- Charlotte Hornets
- Compass Group
- Continental Tires
- Duke Energy
- Siemens Energy
- Time Warner Cable
- Wells Fargo