Healthcare internships are extremely valuable as they can help you break into a sector with an incredibly promising future. 10 out of the 20 fastest-growing careers are healthcare-related. Students may have the option to choose a broad range of activities in their healthcare related internship including ones related to research, administration, policy making and hands-on clinical patient care.
Types of Internships
Clinical, Healthcare Administration, Policy, Research
What You'll Be Doing
- Clinical - Gain experience in patient evaluation and care in a medical area of interest; shadow and participate in patient evaluation and care in a variety of healthcare related specialties and types of businesses ranging from large healthcare systems to private practices.
- Healthcare Administration - Assist administrators with a variety of tasks from patient care processes to budget and operations analysis.
- Policy - Support the development of policies that ensure patients' wellbeing; assist with surveys; perform research to understand new laws and government guidelines; help maintain databases of critical information.
- Research - Conduct and sharpen laboratory research skills; present oral and written summaries of research and prepare abstract summarizing findings.
Where past Queens interns have worked
- Novant Health
- Carolinas Healthcare System
- Veterans Affairs Hospital