Master of Arts in Teaching
Application Process for MAT Programs
We review applicants on a rolling admissions basis, and a decision will be provided only after all requirements have been met. To apply for the on-campus MAT programs in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Foreign Language Education:
1. Complete Online Application.
This application will include a personal statement and names of two references for letters of recommendations. If you prefer, you may submit the essay after submitting your application.
2. Request Official Transcripts.
Applicants must submit transcripts from any/all colleges or universities attended showing a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and show a minimum 2.7 GPA.
3. Submit Test Scores.
Submit satisfactory test scores on one of the following. Minimum score requirements:
SAT: 1100 (not including writing portion)
ACT: 27 composite score
PRAXIS I, Core Academic Skills for Educators Test: 468
4. Submit $40 Application Fee.
We're here to help. Talk with an admissions counselor about the program or application process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-337-2313.
Learn program expenses on the Graduate Tuition page.
International students must also submit the following documents:
- Test scores of 550 or higher on the written exam or 213 or higher on the computer based exam on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) Examination.
- Certified English translation of all prior academic records for work that corresponds to the bachelor's degree in the United States.
- Bank statements stating that funds,in US currency,are available for the student's education. Students and their families should be prepared to bear all expenses involved in obtaining an education in the United States since there are no federal or state financial aid resources for foreign students.