Monday, October 02, 2017
Arte Latino Now 2018 seeks to highlight the exciting cultural and artistic contributions of Latinos in the United States.
We invite artists who self-define as Latino and live and work in the United States to submit an original creative work in their medium of choice. Winners will be exhibited at Queens University of Charlotte in Spring 2018. Categories for consideration include: New media, visual arts, performing arts (including dance, theater, music) and creative writing.
Sponsored by The Center for Latino Studies at Queens University of Charlotte in partnership with artist Edwin Gil, Art Sí and Queens’ Departments of Art and World Languages, Arte Latino.
Categories for consideration include: New media, visual arts, performing arts (including dance, theater, music) and creative writing.
Process for Submissions:
- No more than one submission per artist is permitted.
- Media Submissions should be no more than 3 minutes in length.
- Performance pieces such as theater, music, dance and performance art etc. should be submitted digitally and limited to a 3-minute length.
- Two-dimensional pieces should be no larger than 44" by 44." These dimensions include frame and any other appendages that are part of the piece.
- Three-dimensional works should be no larger than 3' square.
- Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Arte Latino Now 2018 Submission.
- Be sure to include contact information: Name of artist, cell number, email and mailing address.
- Include a one-paragraph description of your work. Make sure to include as well the date of composition, title, dimensions and media used.
- Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- Include a one paragraph bio and head shot. Use 12 pt.
- Artists selected will be responsible for all shipping costs related to the exhibit. Deadlines for shipping will be discussed with individual artists.
- A 25% commission will be deducted from the sales price for all works exhibited in the show at Queens University of Charlotte.