Summer Intern Housing
We welcome you to our Royals family.
Welcome to Queens University of Charlotte Summer Intern Housing program. We look forward to working with you and answering any questions you may have. Even though it may be just for the summer, we want you to feel at home at Queens.
Queens is located in the heart of historic Myers Park neighborhood. All residence halls are within close proximity to Uptown Charlotte. Walk, jog or bike around the neighborhood or take a stroll down Providence Road for a bite to eat. Located on main campus, the Levine Center of Health and Wellness is equipped with an indoor track and fitness center.
Finding affordable, safe and comfortable housing in Charlotte for a brief time can be a difficult task. With Queens Summer Intern Housing, our goal is to make that process much easier and your stay in Charlotte an enjoyable one.
The Summer Intern Housing program does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, veteran status or any other factors.
Information & Requirements
Any graduate or undergraduate student enrolled in a summer internship in Charlotte or the surrounding area is eligible for housing.
Queens University of Charlotte will being accepting applications for Summer 2019 intern housing on Monday, January 7, 2019.
A minimum of eight weeks is required to be eligible for summer housing.
Rates & Accommodations
Queens offers two housing options with prices varying to accommodate all students.
Queens University of Charlotte will being accepting applications for summer 2019 intern housing on Monday, January 7, 2019. All rates include utilities, amenities and access to laundry. A parking permit is additional.
Porter B. Byrum Hall (Available May 18 - July 31)
- Byrum Hall two/four bedrooms suite includes shared bath and living space, community floor kitchen, study room and common area.
- Rents for $35 per night per occupant.
Wireman Residence Hall (Available May 29 - *August 3)
- Located on main campus, Wireman offers a traditional hall living with joint bathrooms.
- Wireman Hall single includes a joint bathroom, community floor kitchen and common area.
- Rents for $27 per night per occupant.
* A limited number of spaces are available until August 3
Hayes Residence Hall (Available May 29 - July 31)
- Located on main campus, Hayes offers a traditional hall living with joint bathrooms.
- Hayes Hall single includes a joint bathroom and common area.
- Rents for $20 per night per occupant.
Guests will pay a nightly rate; you may choose to pay the entire balance or pay in two installments. Entire stay balance is due upon arrival for check-in. Or, if choosing two installments, the first payment is due at check-in and the second payment is due July 1. All payments must be made online using the Conference and Event Services Payment Center (see below "Payment" section).
A non-refundable prepayment of $250 is required at the submission of your application to secure a room. Prepayment will go towards final rent due.
Once dates of stay have been selected and terms and conditions agreed upon, there are no refunds for late arrivals and/or cancellations.
If bringing a car on campus, a required payment of $110 will secure you a parking permit for Byrum Parking Deck.
Queens will begin accepting Summer Intern Housing Applications on Monday, January 7, 2019. Applications will be received until all spaces are full.
- A non-refundable prepayment of $250 is required during the submission of your application to secure a room. This prepayment will go towards final rent due.
- Once dates are selected and terms and conditions agreed upon, there are no refunds for late arrivals and/or cancellations.
Timeline of Events
- Mid-January: Application process opens (filled on a first-come, first serve basis; no deadline for submission); roommate requests due.
- May 2-6: Housing assignment and check-in information emails sent out.
- May 18: Byrum Hall opens.
- May 29: Wireman Hall and Hayes Hall open.
- July 1: Deadline to notify Conference and Event Services of any move-out date changes; final rent payment due.
- July 31: Housing closes at 5 p.m.
*Those checking out on August 3 will need to be out by 5 p.m.
Check In & Out
The following information will help you navigate the check in and out process. Please read through the information prior to your arrival so you know what to expect. We look forward to seeing you this summer.
Check-in occurs at the Conference and Event Services Office (CES), located on the first floor of the Levine Center of Health and Wellness on Queens University Campus: 2201 Wellesley Ave., Charlotte, NC 28207.
- When arriving, please park in the lot in front of the building or on the street on the side of the building until you are issued your parking pass. You must bring your driver's license and license plate number to receive a parking pass. Please move your vehicle as soon as you have completed check in.
- At check in, residents are required to make their first summer payment. The minimum amount due is the rent total for nights through July 1 (if arriving after June 30, the entire balance is due upon arrival). You may pay for your entire stay upon arrival, or defer the July balance until July 1. Acceptable payments are credit or echeck through Conference and Event Services online payment center. If rent was paid prior to arrival, please bring a printed copy of your receipt.
- Upon paying, you will receive an apartment key (excluding Byrum), building entrance key/ID card, a parking pass, a Room Condition Report, and internet access information. Please be careful with these items during your stay; do not lose them. There are charges for any lost keys or unreturned items upon checkout.
- The Room Condition Report is an important form that documents the condition of your apartment at the time of move in and will be used to assess damages to the apartment at the time of checkout. It is imperative that this form be filled out completely and thoroughly. You will have 48 hours to complete this report and submit it to the Summer Programs Coordinator.
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday: 4 p.m.-9 p.m.
If you need to make arrangements for after-hours arrival, you must notify the Summer Programs Coordinator at least two weeks in advance to ensure proper staffing.
Residents must check out and return their keys and ID on or before their scheduled departure date in order to avoid additional charges. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions given to you at check in and emailed prior to your arrival, for most updated prices for lost keys and parking passes.
- Check out can happen during office hours of the scheduled departure date. To properly check out, please bring your keys and ID to the CES office located on the first floor of the Levine Center. If you need to check out after hours please make those arrangements 2 weeks prior to your check out date by contacting the Summer Programs Coordinator.
- Do not check out until you have completely moved out of your apartment. If you return your items and continue to move out, you may be charged an improper check out fee or for the additional night(s) you or your items remain in the apartment. A staff member will perform the check out inspection shortly after you check out, even if other residents occupy the rest of the apartment.
- Any items left in the apartment will be removed or thrown out. It is important to leave the apartment in the condition you received it. Please ensure you clean your bedroom and any common areas you used, including the bathroom.
- If our office does find the need to charge for improper check-out, damages, or additional cleaning, the Summer Programs Coordinator will email you within a week of your departure. If there are no charges, you will not receive an email.
- You may add additional nights to your stay as long as it is within the program dates. Please send a written request to add nights to the Summer Intern Housing program Manager. The nights will be added to your stay and you will receive the bill for the additional nights. You will need to make payment for those nights within 48 hours of receiving the bill.
The following is a list of items residents typically bring with them when they reside at Queens:
- Twin-size sheet set and pillows
- Toiletries and towels
- Dishes, glasses and silverware
- Dish and laundry detergent
- Iron and ironing board
- Television with cable
- Alarm clock
Certain items, including pets, are not permitted in our residential buildings.
Please review the list of prohibited items below:
Accessing the Internet: Residents with computers will use the Summer Intern Wi-Fi and must enter their information to receive connection. Mail Delivery
Mailroom: The mailroom is located in Morrison/Trexler Student Center. Please note that Conference and Event Services is unable to collect mail on your behalf.
Address your mail as follows for U.S. MAIL and PARCEL SERVICE (UPS, Fedex, DHL):
Intern's Name (that you provided on your application)
Summer Intern Housing Program
1900 Selwyn Ave
Charlotte, NC 28274
Located in the beautiful upscale Myers Park Neighborhood
- Conveniently located near Uptown Charlotte, Southpark, and Ballantyne
- Easy access to local restaurants and shopping
- On-Campus bike rentals, CAT bus stop, and other local transportation nearby
- 24-hour on-campus security
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pool and Fitness Center Access
- Free laundry in every building
- Convenient parking on campus
- Meal Options available
- Exclusive events on campus and in the Charlotte area
All payments must be made online using the Conference and Event Services Payment Center.
Have any questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.