Rankings & Accomplishments
U.S. News & World Report 2021
- #13 overall (Regional Universities South category)
- Within the Regional Universities South category (134 schools total):
- #3: Alumni Giving Percentage, and No. 4 among all Regional Universities
- #7: Best Colleges for Veterans
- #8: Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #16: Most Innovative Schools
- #16: Best Undergraduate Business Programs
National Survey of Student Engagement, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
Compared to other Southeast private institutions, significantly more Queens students experienced high-impact, experiential learning (learning communities, study abroad, internships, and culminating senior experiences). Queens students also reported significantly more positive experiences with discussions with diverse others and with student-faculty interactions. (2018)
Other Proud Accomplishments
- Five North Carolina Professors of the Year among our faculty, present and former
- Two Pulitzer Prize finalists, two MacArthur Genius Award Fellows, a Fulbright Scholar and North Carolina's Poet Laureate on our faculty
Queens University of Charlotte is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelors and masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Queens University of Charlotte may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The business programs of Queens University of Charlotte are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International, 777 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602, phone 813-769-6500.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction have fully accredited the education programs.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master’s degree in nursing at Queens University of Charlotte is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The University's programs in music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, Virginia 20190-5248, and phone (703) 429-0700.
The Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy is approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA), 8455 Colesville Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, phone (301) 589-3300
Queens is also approved for veterans education.