Certification in CFP® Financial Planning Education Program
School of Business
As a CFP Board Registered Program, Queens University’s CFP Program delivers a robust curriculum in a cohort-based, in person method. Upon completion of this 23-month program, students are eligible to sit for the CFP Board exam. The seven modules: Fundamentals of Financial Planning, Insurance Planning, Investment Planning, Income Tax Planning, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, and Financial Plan Development Capstone, are administered by five, highly respected instructors in the financial planning field. Our program has run continuously for over twenty years with more than 1,200 students successfully completing the course.
"An important part of the Queens [CFP certification] was instructors already IN the field of financial planning, most of whom were CFP professionals. These instructors gave so many tips on what kinds of things we would need to know to pass the CFP exam, insights into how to work with clients and so much more." - Jenny I. Martella, Associate, Keatley Wealth Management, LLC
Many online programs have the appeal of convenience and control over the pace of learning. However, this type of format may hinder comprehension and retention. Consider the value of joining us in a traditional, seated, cohort learning experience. We offer:
- A challenging certificate course from the McColl School of Business
- Beneficial questions, answers, illustrations and stories from classmates
- Small class sizes and one-on-one attention
- Qualified and engaging instructors (practicing CFP's) invested in your success
- Opportunities to build upon your professional & social network
- Regular cadence/schedule and healthy accountability
The Queens CFP education program is comprised of seven modules:
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Plan Development Capstone
The 56th Cohort will begin on May 2, 2023. Register now to secure your spot! Students joining Cohort 56 will be eligible to sit for the March 2025 CFP Board Exam.
- Meets Tuesday evenings from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Program Length: 23 months
Tuition and Registration
Total cost: $5,425 (Payable by module or in full)
*Queens University Alumni are eligible for a discount
Registration Fee: $150
Queens University works closely with the CFP Board as a registered program to provide the most up to date material based on the Principle Knowledge Topics published by the CFP Board. Visit www.cfp.net for more information.
CFP Program Manager
CFP Program Coordinator