Master of Education
School of Education
Many paths lead to one promise all educators share – to help students reach their full potential. Queens Cato School of Education is a place where you can find your path and grow as a person, professional and educational leader.
Built for the needs of today’s professionals, we’ve created a new M.Ed. program that will serve our students’ goals well into the future. Whether you’re pursuing a promotion or changing your area of specialization, you can individualize your experience to fit your interests and goals with our seven areas of focus.
The Queens M.Ed. program offers:
- Stackable coursework - Start with a certificate and then finish your degree. Or complete your M.Ed. and come back for a certificate to transition to a new stage in your career.
- 8-week courses - 5 terms offered each year so you can focus on one class at a time or double up to finish faster.
- Flexible program - Students can choose modality of courses: online or hybrid.
- Small class sizes - Develop relationships with peers and professors that outlast your time as a student.
- Expert Faculty - Our experienced faculty understand today’s educational trends, current research and classroom complexities. They’ll serve as mentors to guide you academically and in your career choices.
"As a graduate, you learn the research behind your teaching methods. You see that what you are doing is having a positive impact on your students." - Rachael Sprankle, M.Ed. ‘13
The Master of Education program can be tailored to fit your interests and goals whether you are looking to expand your academic horizons or change to a corporate environment. Whatever path you choose, everyone completes six core courses and five courses in your specialization. Complete your degree in as little as 18 months or take courses at your own pace.
Add-On Licensure and Certifications
Each of these specialization tracks are available as a stand-alone licensure or certificate if you do not wish to obtain a master’s degree:
- Instructional Technology K-12
- Literacy K-12
- Academically or Intellectually Gifted K-12
- Special Education K-12
- STEM K-12
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Higher Education
Find admissions information, including requirements and process.
We're here to help. Contact Somer Saunders if you have questions about the program or application process at email@example.com or 704-337-2580.