Mission & Vision
The McColl School of Business educates students to become successful business and professional leaders who are competent, understand the importance of character, and are committed to their communities.
The McColl School will earn a national reputation among AACSB-accredited business schools, distinguished by its leadership focus, integration within the business community, and its personalized and transformational educational experiences.
- A Place of Ideas - We value diversity in thought, collaboration, risk-taking and the freedom from traditional constraints or paradigms.
- Integrity - We value honesty, hard work and doing the right thing even when it is the hard thing to do.
- Excellence in Teaching - We value student learning, using multiple approaches and disciplines to solve real-world problems and making learning fun.
- Collaborative Work Environment - We value working together as faculty and staff to help others, providing timely responses and being respectful to all.
- Enduring and Enriching Relationships - We value developing and maintaining personal relationships with our students, alumni and our community, and being a place where students can always come back.
- Knowledge - We value learning and critical thinking through research and creative activity.
Dr. Rick Mathieu
Senior Director of Enrollment & Student Services
Undergraduate Program Manager
Dr. Gary Powell
Director of Undergraduate Programs
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Dr. John Bennett, Director of Graduate Programs
Student Services Manager
Assistant Director of Leadership Initiatives
McColl School of Business Board of Advisors
The McColl School of Business Board of Advisors include executives from several Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit and community leaders, and entrepreneurs who support the mission of the school and guide the direction of our development and programs.
Dr. Rick Mathieu, Dean, McColl School of Business
|David M. Anderson||Community Leader|
|Frank E. Arado||Partner
Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP
|Steve Boehm||Chief Operating Officer
|Ken Chinchar||Community Leader|
Cope Leadership & Company
|Rob Engel||Head of Investment Banking & Capital Markets
Wells Fargo Securities
|Durral Gilbert||President, Supply Chain Services
|Jonathan Halkyard||Chief Financial Officer
Extended Stay America
|Christopher A Halmy||Chief Financial Officer
|Brian Natwick, MBA '03||President, Multifamily
|Chris Payton, MBA '03||Line of Business Staffing and Operations Executive
Bank of America
|Tjeerd Ploeger||CEO Manufacturing for Generators Global
Siemens Energy, Inc.
|Roger A. Ray,
MD, MBA, FACPE (JP)
|Executive Vice President, Chief Physician Executive
Carolinas HealthCare System
|Brian Savoy||Sr. Vice Presdient, Business Transformation and Technology
Duke Energy Corporation
|Josh Tarr||Director of Human Resources
|Carson Tate||Managing Partner
Working Simply, Inc.
|Todd Tibbits||President & CEO
YMCA of Greater Charlotte
|John Tighe, Chair|| President & CEO
|Ken Walker||Community Leader|
|Bob L. Woods, Jr., EMBA '01||Senior Business Advisor, Consumer Regulatory Capital Oversight
Wells Fargo Corporate Risk
Nestled in the historic Myers Park neighborhood, we are just minutes from Uptown Charlotte. Come visit us.
Sykes Learning Center
1900 Selwyn Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28274