High School Students - Summer Session
High school juniors and seniors can take summer classes at Queens. It's a great opportunity to get ahead on college credits, and a compelling addition to college applications.
"Although college academic work is challenging, the atmosphere at Queens is extremely supportive and enabled me to have a very rewarding experience." —Emily, local high school student
How to Apply
Please submit your application online. An official high school transcript is required and a student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to be considered. Standardized test scores will not be required but can be submitted as a supplementary document. Please contact an admissions counselor if you have specific questions. We also offer a three-month payment plan for summer session tuition.
For more information on summer course offerings, visit the Summer Session website.
Session 1: May 11 – July 30, 2020
Session 2: May 11 – June 19, 2020
Session 3: June 22 – July 30, 2020
Why Enroll in Summer Session?
- Earn transferable general education credits.
- Get acclimated to college courses to help you better transition to college.
- Small classes.
- All summer courses are offered online in 2020, so students do not have to live in the Charlotte area to get started.
- Evening courses (beginning at 5:30 p.m. or later) make it possible to take classes with a full-time job or internship.
- Explore subjects not available at your high school.
- Learn from our acclaimed and engaging faculty.
The rate for high school students is $480 per credit hour.