High School Students - Summer Session
High school juniors and seniors can take summer classes at Queens. It's a great opportunity to get ahead on college credits, and a compelling addition to college applications.
"Although college academic work is challenging, the atmosphere at Queens is extremely supportive and enabled me to have a very rewarding experience." —Emily, local high school student
How to Apply
Please submit your application online. An official high school transcript is required and a student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to be considered. Standardized test scores will not be required but can be submitted as a supplementary document. Please contact an admissions counselor if you have specific questions. We also offer a three-month payment plan for summer session tuition.
For more information on summer course offerings, visit the Summer Session website.
Session 1: May 13 – August 1, 2019
Session 2: May 13 – June 20, 2019
Session 3: June 24 – August 1, 2019
View and search for summer courses (summer courses will be posted in early 2019)
Why Enroll in Summer Session?
- Earn transferable general education credits.
- Get acclimated to a college campus to help you better transition to college.
- Small classes.
- More than 60 online courses are offered. You don't have to live on campus to get Queens credit during the summer.
- Evening courses (beginning at 5:30 p.m. or later) make it possible to take classes with a full-time job or internship.
- Explore subjects not available at your high school.
- Learn from our acclaimed and engaging faculty.
The rate for high school students is $480 per credit hour.