Facebook icon International Students | Queens University of Charlotte

International Undergraduate Students

Information Required for Application Process

International students apply through the Undergraduate Admission office.

It's easy to apply online.

Items to Be Considered for Admission

  • Secondary school transcripts in a language other than English must be translated into English by an official at the school, or a certified translating service. If transferring credit from an international college or university, students must submit a course-by-course evaluation from an organization such as World Education Services (WES), IEE, or SpanTran. Learn more about WES at wes.org. Learn more about IEE at myiee.org. Learn more about SpanTran.
  • In response to the impact COVID-19 has had on international student testing services worldwide, we are now accepting Duolingo exam scores. We will also continue to accept the revised TOEFL exam that is now offered at home on select test dates.

    Standardized test scores*: the most common way for international students to demonstrate their English proficiency is by submitting standardized test scores. Students have the option of submitting SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores to meet the testing requirement. Minimum scores to meet our English proficiency standards are:
    • TOEFL (iBT) – 79
      (As of 4/2/20, this also includes the newly released at-home version of the TOEFL. Per the testing service, this exam will not be available to students in China and Iran.)
    • IELTS – 6.0
    • Duolingo – 110
    • SAT – 480 on the Evidence Based Critical Reading and Writing section
    • ACT – 18 on the English section
    • *International first-year applicants who have completed a diploma program with a minimum of one academic year, in English, at a US-based high school, in all non-ESL classes are exempt from the testing requirements above.  In addition, any student that has successfully completed level 112 of the ELS Language Centers English program are exempt from meeting the minimum testing requirements to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
  • As included in the application, all students will complete an essay or personal statement which the University will use to verify his/her ability to write and communicate in English.
  • Interviews: While we do not require interviews as part of the application process, we welcome InitialView materials as an optional supplement to your application. Learn more about InitialView at initialview.com.

Financial Documents & I-20

All admitted international students will be asked to begin submitting the necessary I-20 documents following their admission to Queens. The list of documents can be accessed by logging into your application portal and uploading them to your record.

  • Submit Updated Financial Documents: Affidavit of Support and other financial documents (e.g. bank statements or bank letters) must be no more than 6 months old.
  • Provide personal contact information including mailing address and phone number for your I-20.
  • Provide a copy of your Passport (if applicable).
  • Provide a copy of your Visa (if applicable).
  • Provide a copy of your I-20 (if applicable).

To submit requested information or documents, please contact Admissions:  

Toll Free: 800-849-0202, extension 2212
Direct: 704-337-2212
Fax: 704-337-2403

Tereza Zimovjanova ’19 “It has been always my dream to do sports and study outside of my country, and Queens offered me the best possible choice. The harmony of high-quality university education, perfect sport background and facilities, great teachers and teammates, beautiful campus, all together attracted me to actually come and be a part of Queens.”

Visa Information for Admitted Students

Most international students studying at Queens in a full-time academic program do so with an F-1 student visa. Once you have been admitted to Queens, submitted the above documents to the Admission office and paid your $1,000 tuition deposit, the Myrta Pulliam Center for International Education will mail you the form necessary (Form I-20) to apply for the F-1 visa and instructions for applying. ISEP students study on a J-1 student visa. ISEP issues the paperwork (Form DS-2019) necessary to apply for this visa.

International students' responsibilities while in the US on a student visa include:

  • Maintaining a valid passport.
  • Attending the school you are authorized to attend as noted on your I-20/DS-2019.
  • Staying enrolled full time each fall and spring semester 
    o   12 credit hours for Bachelors/Undergraduate students 
    o   6 credit hours for Masters/Graduate students
  • Ensuring that no more than one course which counts toward full-time enrollment is online
  • Making normal progress towards the completion of your course of study
  • Reporting changes in your major or address to the Pulliam Center right away
  • Not engaging in unauthorized employment

Support for International Students

The Enedina L. Fernandez ’99 Humanitarian Fund: Supporting International Students in Need

The Fernandez family established this fund to provide international students at Queens with a better opportunity to thrive and succeed when their efforts may otherwise be deterred by critical needs. Learn more about the Enedina L. Fernandez Humanitarian Fund. Questions about the fund can be directed to the Pulliam Center for International Education (international@queens.edu).

Graduate Students

For information for incoming graduate students, please see the Graduate Admissions information for your specific graduate program.

Contact Us

Visas regulations are complicated. If you  have a question about your visa, please contact the Myrta Pulliam Center for International Education for assistance:

The Myrta Pulliam Center for International Education
103 Knight-Crane Hall               
+1 704-337-2533

Get To Know Us