Automatic Consideration for Merit Scholarships
You apply for merit scholarships as soon as you apply to Queens: we consider all applicants
for merit scholarships automatically, regardless of your financial circumstances.
These gifts are presented for academic success, community service or program-specific
excellence, and they include:
- University Scholarships are for students with a strong academic record including top grades and test scores.
Excellence and achievement in some extracurricular activities will also be considered
for a portion of these awards.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) and AP Capstone Scholarships are for students who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
(IBDP) or the AP Capstone Innovative Diploma Program.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
You’ll have the opportunity for even more scholarship opportunities. These include:
Other notable scholarship opportunities include:
- NCAA Division II talent-based athletic scholarships for student-athletes
- Legacy scholarships awarded to children, grandchildren or siblings of enrolled students
or previous grads
- First-time, degree-seeking freshmen will receive a $500 filing reward for submitting
the FAFSA. By completing the FAFSA and sending it to Queens before freshman year,
students will receive $500 every year they are at Queens (up to four years). International students requiring a visa to study in the U.S. are not eligible.