Due to the renovation of E.H. Little Fine Arts Center, music lessons will not be taught
through the Music Academy for the 2018-2019 school year. Music Therapy sessions will continue.
Registration for the Music Therapy Clinic is open.
Music Therapy Sessions
- Individual and group sessions are offered to children and young adults with special
needs. A variety of musical experiences are used to improve cognitive, physical, social
and emotional development.
- Sessions are 12 weeks in duration:
Fall Term: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - Monday, December 3, 2018
Spring Term: Monday, January 14, 2019 - Monday, April 15, 2019
Fall Term Schedule
- August 27 - University classes begin
- September 3 - University closed - Labor Day
- September 4 - Music Therapy Clinic begins
- October 8-9 - University Fall Break - No Music Therapy Clinic sessions held
- November 21-23 - University Closed - Thanksgiving Break, No Music Therapy Clinic sessions
- December 3 - Music Therapy Clinic sessions end
- December 8 - University classes end
- December 25-January 3 - University is closed
Spring Term Schedule
- January 8 - University classes and Music Academy begins
- January 14 - Music Therapy Clinic begins
- January 21 - University closed - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, no Music Therapy Sessions
- March 4-9 - University Spring Break, no Music Therapy Clinic sessions held
- April 15 - Music Therapy Clinic ends
Note: Fees are due before the beginning of each term and must be paid in full by the
- Music Therapy Clinic Session fees due: Friday, August 31, 2018, and Friday, January
11, 2019. No lessons will be given until fees are paid for the term. Find out more
about the Music Therapy Sessions fees and policies.
- Sessions missed by students will not be made up. All sessions missed by the therapist
will be made up. Students will be dropped for poor attendance, inconsistent practice
- If a student withdraws before the completion of the term, there will be no refund
of fees. Students are expected to call and notify their therapist in advance if they
must miss any sessions.
View information about the Queens University of Charlotte, Music Degree Programs.
Health and Safety
All university programs accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
are obligated to provide health and safety-related information to student musicians.
The Queens University of Charlotte faculty and staff in the Art, Design and Music
Department take this charge seriously, and encourage all students to familiarize themselves
with the information presented in our Musician's Health and Safety Information Package.