Facebook icon Parent Resources & Frequently Asked Questions | Queens University of Charlotte

Parent Resources & Frequently Asked Questions


Parent Access to Student Accounts

Parent access to student account is limited to only being able to see account balance and payment receipts. To have this access a student needs to set up a Parent PIN. Parents who want to have a full access to student account information and be able to make payments or set up a payment plan will need to use their students log in information. Please note that a student's password expires and needs to be changed every 90 days.

Payment Options

Queens University offers payment plans for each term.

Financial Services Access Code

This code is necessary to discuss your student account via phone and must be provided by third parties (parents or guardians) when discussing a student account that is not their own. The Access Code Form needs to be completed by a student.

Parent Loan Option

  • Parents of dependent students can apply for a loan by completing the Direct Parent PLUS Loan application process at studentaid.gov. Complete the Direct Parent PLUS loan application and the Direct Plus Master Promissory Note (MPN) to finish this process.
  • If you would like to make adjustments to your PLUS Loan, you may do so by completing and submitting the Parent PLUS Loan Change Request Form to Student Financial Services.

FAFSA Verification

If your student’s FAFSA application was selected for verification, you and your student will receive an email from Student Financial Services letting you know which verification worksheet must be completed and if any additional documents are needed. After selecting the academic year at the link below, you will need to scroll down on the next page to get to verification worksheets. Learn more about FAFSA Verification and Worksheets.

Unusual Tax Related Circumstances

For parents or students who are unable to submit a copy of their 2018 Tax Return Transcript due to unusual tax-related circumstance please click on the link below.

Unusual Circumstances InformationThis information page lists different types of unusual tax-related circumstances that may fit your individual situation. Each one of the circumstances lists the items/documents that would need to be submitted to Student Financial Services.

Financial Aid 101

We are dedicated to working with students and families to make your Queens experience an affordable reality. View our Cost and Financial Aid Overview and Financial Aid Checklist.

Student Health Insurance

To avoid being charged for health insurance through Queens University you must waive out of Queens' Health Insurance plan. Learn more about waiver deadlines and Student Health Insurance.

Dropping Courses or Withdrawing from Queens

If your student is considering dropping courses or withdrawing from the university, it is strongly advised that they consult with Student Financial Services to determine if the drop or withdrawal will result in loss of financial aid. Any balance created as a result of the loss of financial aid in addition to any existing student account balance, will require payment immediately.

Veteran Financial Support

At Queens, we value a student's military experience. Access additional information aboutFinancial Support for Veterans .

Tax Statement 1098-T Information

Before the end of January each year, a 1098-T tax statement will be mailed to students or the1098-T statement may be accessed electronically.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have additional questions, check out our frequently asked questions or contact Student Financial Services at finaid@queens.edu or 704-337-2225.

Get To Know Us