Military Student Support
You've served our country. Now allow Queens to serve you.
We promise you a personalized experience with small class sizes, easy access to faculty and school resources and customized learning in a supportive environment. Queens is proud to be a degree-granting Yellow Ribbon Program institution with many offers to benefit you academically, personally and professionally.
When U.S. News & World Report released its 2021 Best College rankings, within the Regional Universities South category (134 schools total), Queens ranked No. 7 in the Best Colleges for Veterans category.
Here are some of the services we offer you:
- Dedicated staff in admissions and financial aid to work with veterans
- Around-the-clock learning and the convenience of day and evening programs
- Graduate programs on campus and online
- A certifying official who works with students to make sure they are using all their tuition assistance in the most beneficial and productive way
Interested in starting your journey at Queens? Apply today and schedule an in person visit with one of our counselors, or explore campus through a virtual visit.
Opened in the fall of 2017, the Veterans Center was made possible by a grant gifted by Home Depot and Student Veterans of America. The lounge is available for students to study, collaborate, or hang out between classes.
"The sense of family at Queens is perfect for a veteran like me. Queens has the amazing access to job connections and the business world. I don't know of any other school that so successfully combines its small size and intimate campus with opportunities of such significant meaning and scope." -Chris Rolph '18, Air Force
QU4Troops is Queens' official Student Veterans Association group committed to building community among military members as they transition back to school. Besides mentoring, social events and education, the group works closely with local organizations to continue the practice of service. Connect with this organization now.
Salute is the Veterans National Honor Society that recognizes all your hard work and dedication.
Last year, Queens helds its inaugural Dog Tag Dash, a team obstacle course that focuses on bringing together veterans and the community in an impactful way. QU4Troops hosted General Peter Pace and a crowd of servicemen and women for a leadership luncheon. Our military students also attended a conference in Florida to meet with other military-friendly institutions to make our sense of community even more robust.
- Center for Student Success: for academic assistance to help you thrive at Queens
- Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation: for your fitness ambitions
- Health and Wellness Center: for medical and counseling services