Health and Wellness Center
Supporting You, Body and Mind
The Health and Wellness Center provides high-quality, confidential health care. The center is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. You can find our building on Wellesley Avenue on the campus map.
Appointments can be made 24/7 by calling 704-337-2220, and walk-ins are welcome. Video visits and after-hours care are available.
Beginning in August 2022, Atrium Health will begin managing the university’s student health clinics and associated health services. The agreement, announced in June, is part of a multi-year partnership between Queens University of Charlotte and Atrium Health that includes the management and staffing of healthcare, counseling and sports medicine services.
Undergraduate students have access to this full array of integrated treatment services. Students receiving health care or counseling services will not be charged.
- Clinical Services: When you get sick, get treated right on campus – and most of the services are free. The center offers care for common illnesses such as colds, flu, allergies, COVID infections, rashes, urinary tract infections and sprains.
- Counseling Services: Come here for individual or group sessions with trained counselors who are here to help support you as you pursue personal growth and development. Private sessions are available for treating mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and stress. During the academic year, students can receive up to 10 counseling sessions. Counseling is offered Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Watkins Hall (1st floor). Call 704-337-2556 for appointments, or email QUCounseling@AtriumHealth.org. Virtual counseling is available. A 24/7 crisis hotline is also available at 704-337-2556.
- Preventive Care and Health Testing: We're here with a variety of health testing including screenings and vaccinations, medication management and management of chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes. We are committed to creating a proactive, intentional and comprehensive approach to holistic health that provides equitable resources and support for everyone’s mental, emotional and physical well-being.
- Student Athletes: Atrium Health provides care for student athletes with athletic trainers, two team physicians, a sports nutritionist and a physical therapist.
- Health Promotion and Education: We offer education in stress reduction, resilience, sleep hygiene and more to help students learn how to maximize their physical and mental health.
The center is staffed by a highly trained team. Our center will be staffed by a physician’s assistant, a certified medical assistant and a registered nurse. Our counselors are specialized in the treatment of emerging adults, are all licensed and have master's degrees.
A Safe, Confidential Space
The center offers a safe space for students to come for information, counseling or treatment. Of course, services are HIPAA compliant and 100% confidential. This is a safe space for students to come, learn and get help.
Although the center is located on campus, its reach goes far beyond it. The center welcomes the opportunity to collaborate on educational programs related to health and wellness or support other efforts on campus, such as suicide awareness activities.
About Atrium Health
Based in Charlotte, NC, Atrium Health offers a full spectrum of care to families and communities across North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. It has more than 70,000 employees serving patients at 40 hospitals and more than 1,400 care locations, including an academic medical center, emergencies departments, urgent care centers, physician offices, behavioral health centers and laboratories.