CARES Act Section 18004 Reporting
Under Section 314(e) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) and under 2 CFR 200.328 and 2 CFR 200.329 of the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Queens University is required to submit a report to the Secretary of Education (the Secretary) describing the use of funds distributed from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). Pursuant to those requirements, Queens University acknowledges that:
- The requisite Certification and Agreement has been signed and returned to the Secretary, stipulating that no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 314(e) of CRRSAA and 2 CFR 200.328 and 2 CFR 200.329 of ARP has been (or will be) used to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- $5,868,625 has been received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under CRRSAA and ARP.
- $2,001,720 has been distributed to students as Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 314(e) of the CRRSA Act and 2 CFR 200.328 and 2 CFR 200.329 of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) as of September 30, 2021.
- Approximately 1,700 students are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 of Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Additional students may be eligible as well under CRRSAA and ARP eligibility guidelines.
- 1,052 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 314(e) of the CRRSA Act and 2 CFR 200.328 and 2 CFR 200.329 of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) as of September 30, 2021
- Awards range between $175 and $5,000 and depend on the federal need of the student/family as well as likelihood of persistence to graduation based off balances due from the student for the term.
- These federal emergency funds are available to all enrolled students regardless of Title IV funds eligibility. This eligibility includes on- and off-campus students, undergraduate and graduate students, international students, and all citizenship statuses
Note: Questions may be directed to email@example.com.