Campus Life & Housing
With your cooperation regarding vaccinations and other protocols, our campus will return most of the normal activities and experiences for students, faculty, and staff. As we renew our relationships and build new ones, we will work together to reimagine our interactions and traditions in the safest way possible.
Housing assignments have been made for the Fall 2021 semester with normal density in all residence halls.
Students who have not been approved to live off campus for the 2021-22 academic year should be prepared to participate in housing selection to secure a housing assignment for the fall of 2021.
- Move-in for residential students in fall 2021-22 will resume to normal capacity and processes. All unvaccinated students, faculty, staff, vendors, or guests participating in move-in will be required to properly wear face masks while on-campus (both indoors and outside) and to follow physical distancing of at least six feet apart.
- Many students will join campus from areas of the country and the world where substantial health inequities exist, and the availability of vaccines is limited (or U.S.-approved/EUA vaccines are not available). To reduce the incidence of disease importation to campus, these students will be required to have both a COVID-19 vaccination and routine testing after arrival to campus.
- The 2021-22 fall move-in schedule is as follows:
- August 10 - Head Resident Assistants and International students who require to quarantine
- August 14, from 9am – 12pm - Early arrival athletes, Resident Assistants, Thrive Mentors
- August 19, from 9am – 5pm - Thrive Participants
- August 23, from 9am – 5pm - ROAR / CUB / SGA
- August 24, from 2pm – 7pm - International students attending orientation
- August 26, from 9am – 12pm - Entering Freshmen and transfer students
- August 28, from 9am – 8pm - Returning Students
WHAT TO BRING
In addition to commonly recommended items to bring to campus, we encourage students to be prepared in the unlikely event that they are asked to isolate after testing positive for COVID-19. These items include:
- A personal thermometer
- A set of regular twin sheets as well as a personal pillow, blanket, or other bedding
- Towels and washcloths
- Enough clothing for two weeks
- Prescription medication
- Personal hygiene supplies including hand soap
- Important documents such as a passport or medical documents
- Cell phone/charger, laptop/charger, textbooks, and anything you need for coursework
The following safety precautions will be in effect for all residential students to help protect against the spread of COVID-19. Students are expected to adhere to them under the Queens’ Honor Code.
- Personal Hygiene — Students should maintain personal hygiene such as frequent handwashing, sanitizing spaces, and sneezing into arms or hands (and immediately washing afterward) to decrease the spread of COVID-19.
- Bathrooms — Students assigned to suite-style housing are expected to clean suite bathrooms once per week and follow the guidelines of the CDC.
- Visitors — It is highly recommended that all visitors on campus be vaccinated. Guests on campus will be required to properly wear face masks outside of private residence hall rooms or offices, including outdoors when around others, and to follow physical distancing – stay at least six feet apart and avoid large gatherings.
- Sanitizer stations — Hands-free hand sanitizer stations will be provided by the institution and placed in all high traffic and common areas.
- Alcohol consumption — Students who meet the legal drinking age and follow alcohol policies outlined in the Queens’ Honor Code are once again eligible to responsibly drink on-campus.
It is highly recommended that all visitors on campus be vaccinated. Guests on campus will be required to properly wear face masks outside of private residence hall rooms or offices, including outdoors when around others, and to follow physical distancing – stay at least six feet apart and avoid large gatherings.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES – CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
Student Engagement will resume normal in-person activities and processes for 2021-2022. Unvaccinated participants in any activities must follow the above protocols and wear a mask and socially distance at least six feet. Please see the Student Engagement My.Queens page for information on participating in clubs, organizations, or hosting an event with Student Engagement per usual procedures.