MS in Finance & Analytics
Take Your First Step Toward Your MSFA.
School of BusinessThe Master of Science in Finance and Analytics - where finance, analytics, and storytelling meet.
Queens offers the first MSFA program of its kind in North Carolina, preparing students for careers of the future. Students will be equipped with specific skills, like the in-depth knowledge and application of data analytics, needed to meet market demand in the finance industry.
Queens University collaborated with top local industry leaders, such as Accenture, Ally, and Bank of America, to develop this specific graduate program for career-seekers who want to blend analytics with finance and help companies make better business decisions. This program is run in collaboration with those same industry leaders, meaning students will have access to some of the top business and analytical minds through mentorships, executive in residence programs and guest speakers.
The MSFA program is a designated STEM program, allowing students to apply for a 24-month STEM extension of OPT.
How Can You Use This Degree?
Students from this program will be able to analyze data sets, using financial theory and analytical methods, to translate data to address complex financial problems.
Students will be prepared to excel in a variety of industries including, but not limited to, the following:
- Corporate finance
Program Course Information
- Total credit hours - 30
- Program length - One to two years
- Courses offered online and hybrid
- Two in-person residencies
- Optional International Experience - This experience is open to all McColl School graduate students and alumni of graduate programs. It can be completed for credit as an elective course or without the course. Learn more about the upcoming 2023 McColl Graduate International Experience in South Africa!
- Experiential Learning – Students will take part in an integrative team project that gives students an opportunity to demonstrate an understanding of the core competencies taught throughout the program and apply them to an industry project in the financial services industry.
Katerina Ivanov, Ph.D.
Director, MS in Finance and Analytics
Assistant Professor of Finance and Economics