BA in Political Science
Political Science, International Studies and Sociology Department
Explore societies, advance your leadership and analyze complex global issues.
Political science isn’t just about politics. It’s a social science that explores our society, the aspirations of people around the world, different types of leadership and authority, and complex global issues. We teach you how to imagine and shape the world in which you live and give you the skills you need to make lasting and constructive change.
As a political science major at Queens, you will engage with dynamic professors, passionate about this field. In many cases, they will involve you in meaningful, real-time research on topics that interest you.
As a major in political science, you will have the opportunity to intern in many different fields at the local, national and international level. Former students have worked with:
- Law firms
- Congressional offices
- Think tanks
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and local charities
- International organizations
- Various governmental, for profit and non-profit agencies overseas
- Multinational corporations
Through the College of Arts and Sciences you will have the opportunity to learn from experienced faculty who are passionate about their field. Each team member has extensive knowledge and background, and will work closely with you as you pursue your degree. Meet your professors.
After Your Graduate
Our alumni are living and working around the world, in diverse and competitive fields. You can find Queens alumni:
- Working for the U.S. Congress and the World Bank
- Working for the private sector in business and finance
- Practicing law or public administration
- Working for NGOs and advocacy groups on climate change, veterans issues, immigration and Latin America
- Serving in the U.S. Military, the Peace Corps and Americorps
- Teaching in public schools and universities
- Attending graduate schools such as American University, George Washington University, University of Chicago, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Texas A&M, London School of Economics, Trinity College Dublin and University of Belfast
Our students have traveled around the world to gain invaluable, global perspectives on complex issues. Some students may participate in a faculty-led trip, while others may study abroad for an entire year. From Sweden to Belgium, our students have boundless opportunities.