Bookmark and Share

MSN Admissions

Request Information
Contact a Counselor
Apply Now

Admissions Information

The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) allows students to choose one of three tracks within nursing: Health Systems Management, Nurse Educator Practices, and Clinical Nurse Leader®.  Additionally, students may seek a post-baccalaureate certificate in any of these areas. 

MSN Application Requirements

Applications are accepted year-round. However, it is recommended that all documents are received no later than one month prior to the anticipated term of entry.

  1. Completed Graduate Application
  2. Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic course work, indicating evidence of :
    • BSN degree earned at a regionally accredited institution and nursing program accredited by ACEN or CCNE.
    • Cumulative GPA and upper division nursing coursework GPA of at least 3.0. 
  3. A statement of purpose for graduate study. 
    • The statement should include your reason for wanting to obtain an MSN degree at Queens and your professional plans following completion of the program.  The expectation is that the statement of purpose provides an example of the candidate's ability to articulate in a clear and concise manner.  The statement should be double spaced and not exceed 1 page. 
  4. Evidence of a current unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state in which you will complete any practicum requirements of the program.

All transcripts should be submitted to the following address:

Graduate Admissions
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Avenue MSC 1433
Charlotte, NC 28274

International Student Requirement

If transferring credit from a college or university outside the U.S., applicants must have their transcripts translated and evaluated independently by a certified transcript evaluation service such as World Education Services.

International students are also required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to submit a confidential certified financial statement indicating the amount of funds available for their education in the United States. Full admission to the University is required before an I-20 may be issued. Graduate international students must be enrolled in at least 9 credit hours each in the fall and spring terms to be eligible for an F-1 student VISA.

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
Latest Tweet