The Learning Society
Timely dialogue, events and education alongside student engagement.
The Learning Society of Queens leads the way in influencing intellectual dialogue in the Charlotte region. Since 1988, our members' generosity has made possible a semi-annual speakers series that draws experts on important contemporary issues to campus.
We welcome Learning Society members—returning and new—as well as students and community members to our upcoming 2018-19 season's lecture series. Join us in engaging with these world renowned thought leaders.
Public Ticket Sales
Be notified by email as soon as individual public tickets go on sale for Learning Society lectures. Learning Society membership includes two tickets to each lecture.
Student Learning Experience
For each of our events, an on-campus, student-centric lecture is a signature segment to our speakers' visits. Students are invited to ask questions and converse with our lecturers. Additional information about these opportunities is communicated directly to our student population in advance of each event.
The Learning Society of Queens brings intellectual discourse to the Charlotte region, and we welcome the community to participate in those efforts. Even if you aren't a member, we invite you to join us in the engagement with today's experts and thought leaders. Non-members can purchase general admission tickets for our events at carolinatix.org.
Join the Learning Society
Your annual membership gives you access to the leading minds of our times, while funding a unique learning experience for our students. Guest speakers spend an equal amount of time on a student-led discussion as they do at the evening lecture. The Learning Society offers annual membership that coincides with Queens' academic calendar. The membership year runs from July 1 through June 30. Membership is for two individuals.
We invite you to become a member of the Learning Society.
- Two tickets to both the fall and spring programs
- Reserved seating
- Complimentary valet parking for each program
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Queens campus to Knight Theater for each program
- Access to members-only lounge before programs
- Private reception with guest speaker and Learning Society members following each lecture with the opportunity for photograph with speaker
- Signed copy of speaker book delivered in advance of lecture
- Additional Engagement & Learning Opportunities:
- Members-only salon featuring Queens faculty
- Annual cocktail party
- Special invitations to Queens events
Member: $1,500 ($1,125 tax deductible)
President's Circle Membership Benefits
Receive the benefits above plus:
- Invitation to the President's intimate pre-lecture cocktail party
- Brief meet and greet with the speaker
- Opportunity to have your book signed by the speaker
- Private car transportation from your home to and from the event venue
- Reserved front-row seating
President's Circle Member: $5,000 ($4,500 tax deductible)
If you would like more information about the Learning Society membership or sponsorship, please call Julia Walton, Director of the Learning Society, at 704-688-2838, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.