As a student in the RoyalUp program, you will be guaranteed admission to Queens University of Charlotte to complete a bachelor’s degree after successfully completing an Associate’s degree from Central Piedmont with the required GPA.
By pursuing this program, you will be able to finish your degree on time and receive a handful of other benefits like individualized admissions and financial aid counseling, collaborative academic advising, and career exploration. As a RoyalUp student, you will also be considered for a minimum of $10,000 in aid from Queens as part of our Queens Commitment.
In addition to the services you will receive at Central Piedmont, you will be able to take advantage of other student services at Queens that will enhance the social value of this program.
To learn about the transfer application process, please visit our transfer admissions webpage. More details on the benefits of the RoyalUp Program will be provided as they are made available.
Alvan, a double major in finance and political science, transferred to Queens after completing two degrees at Central Piedmont Community College.
To be considered for the RoyalUp Program, you must:
- be a first-time, full-time college student.
- plan to pursue a Central Piedmont Associate in Arts or Associate in Science. Any Associate of Applied Science program with a pre-existing bilateral agreement will also be applicable.
- plan to pursue a major offered at Queens University of Charlotte (except nursing). Music and Music Therapy students will still be required to successfully complete an audition to gain admission to the major.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) while enrolled at Central Piedmont.
Please talk to a transfer advisor at Central Piedmont if you wish to pursue an excluded major to learn about other transfer pathways to Queens University of Charlotte.
How to Enroll
Applications are accepted for fall and spring terms.
- Enroll at Central Piedmont - Complete the steps to enroll as a degree-seeking student at Central Piedmont. Indicate your interest in pursuing this program to your academic advisor.
- Submit the RoyalUp Interest Form - Submit the RoyalUp interest form. Once processed by our admissions staff, you will receive information on your next steps by email.
To Remain in the RoyalUp Program
- Participate in mandatory advising each semester while enrolled at Central Piedmont.
- Remain in good standing (academic and otherwise) in order to transfer to Queens.
- Submit your “intended major” to Central Piedmont Academic Advisor/RoyalUp admissions counselor once you complete 30 transfer credit hours.
To Transfer to Queens University of Charlotte
- Complete an eligible associate degree at Central Piedmont (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science). Associate of Applied Science degrees are not transferable unless they are part of an approved bilateral agreement.
- Complete the Queens application and send all required transcripts by set deadlines.
- Complete all other required enrollment steps (i.e. new student orientation) before your first semester at Queens.