Knight School Graduate Admissions

Earn your Master of Arts in Communication either on-campus or online


On-Campus Program Application

1. Complete an online application.

For the on-campus program, complete your application. This application will include a personal statement*, a resume, and names of two references for letters of recommendations*. If you prefer, you may submit the essay after submitting your application.

2. Request official transcripts.

Applicants must submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.

3. Submit test scores.

We only require GRE scores from applicants who have a cumulative GPA lower than 3.0. However, applicants with over five years of professional experience may submit an appeal to the Admissions Committee for a GRE requirement waiver: GRE Waiver Appeal Guidelines

4. Submit a $75 application fee.

Online Program Application

Learn more about the online MA in Communication program, or apply now.

Reach Out

We're here to help. Talk with an admissions counselor about the program or application process: graduateadmissions@queens.edu or 704-337-2313.


Learn program costs on the Graduate Tuition page.

International Students

International students applying to a graduate program must meet all academics requirements as well as any additional requirements as outlined by the individual program. If transferring credit from a college or university outside the U.S., you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES, www.wes.org).

Queens accepts the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in place of the SAT. A minimum score of 550 (written test), 213 (electronic test), or 79 (internet based test) on the TOEFL is required for admission. A minimum composite score of 6.5 on the IELTS is required for admission. Also, in lieu of the TOEFL, Queens will accept successful completion (level 12) of the ELS Language Centers English language program.

International students are also required by the Immigration and Naturalization Services to submit a confidential certified financial statement indicating the amount of funds available for their education in the United States.

Full acceptance into the University is required before an I-20 may be issued. International undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits in order to be eligible for an F-1 student VISA.

* Your personal statement should answer, “What can a Master of Arts degree in Communication from the Knight School of Communication do for me?” Be specific in your response. Focus on why you think that this program is the best fit for you personally and/or professionally. Include specific examples of your experiences. Address the ways the program curriculum might help you meet your goals and which courses interest you. More than any other part of the application, the statement shows who you are and how you can contribute to the program. Do not be afraid to get creative or share personal details or stories. 

Get To Know Us