The Queens McColl School of Business, along with the Entrepreneurial Leadership Circle, proudly established the Carolinas Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in 2010 to honor the
individuals whose legacies still shape today’s business and economy throughout the
Carolinas and beyond. The McColl School is dedicated to developing leaders of high
competency and character who are committed to shaping their communities. The Hall
of Fame gives the School and the University the opportunity to thank the entrepreneurs
who have made lasting contributions and laid the groundwork for the major business
sectors in our region. The event is sponsored by Wells Fargo.
The selection committee for the Carolinas Entrepreneur Hall of Fame consists of entrepreneurs,
business leaders and historians representative of both North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Melissa Bodford, Co-founder, Chairman & CEO, uBack
- Tom Coker, CEO, Carolina Select Brands
- Louis Foreman, Founder and CEO, Enventys and Edison Nation
- David Jones, Founder & Chairman, Peak 10
- Kimberly Kicklighter, Executive Director, Business Tax Services, EY
- John Lassiter, President, Carolina Staffing, LLC
- Richard Mathieu, Dean, McColl School of Business
- Joan Zimmerman, Founder, Southern Shows, Inc.
The membership criteria, which was established by the selection committee, includes:
- Laureate can be founder or subsequent entrepreneurial leader
- Induction into Hall of Fame can be during active leadership role, after retirement
- Business founded or led by laureate must have minimum ten-year track record, and must
have positively impacted the community it serves
- Laureate must personally have contributed to the greater good of the Carolinas
To learn more about the Carolinas Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame, contact Suzy Plott at 704-337-2489, or firstname.lastname@example.org.