In addition to reporting and providing supportive measures, the Queens Title IX Office offers an array of departmental and collaborative programming to address sexual and gender-based violence on campus and in the surrounding communities. Some of our signature programs are Purple Thursday Healing and Empowerment Fair during Dating and Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October) and Denim Day during Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April).
Queens Title IX also offers continuous primary prevention programming through awareness programs, ongoing training, and education campaigns to the campus community around, but not exclusive to, the following topics:
- Consent and rape culture
- Recognizing Red Flags in unhealthy relationships and harm reduction
- Building healthy relationships and communities
- The intersection of identity, rape culture, and supporting survivors
- Trauma-informed practices and redefining power dynamics
- Community Empowerment and upstander interventions