Master of Business Administration
Take Your First Step Toward Your MBA.
A New Kind of MBA
Differentiated by our close-knit community, strong ties to the Charlotte business community, and a distinguished reputation for developing leaders, the Queens MBA now offers the flexibility you need as a working professional with competing priorities.
Our MBA program is tailored to your meet your needs: take classes on-campus in the evening, online, or through a combination of both. Create a program that fits your needs and your schedule. Fast-track your MBA to earn your degree in less than 2 years, or slow down your pace to achieve balance between school, work, and other priorities.
With optional concentrations and a variety of electives, a customized curriculum will help you gain the business acumen and leadership skills you need to advance your career.
"My experience at the McColl School was truly transformational. The faculty were focused on my development—both personally and professionally—and I feel equipped to meet any future challenge."—Tanya Blackmon '00, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Novant Health
Emphasis on Leadership
Built on Hugh McColl’s 3 Cs of Leadership – Competence, Character, and Commitment to Community – the McColl School of Business seeks to develop leaders who act with a keen sense of self-awareness and an understanding of the impact they can have on their organizations and communities. You will develop your capacity for leadership in a variety of ways.
- Work one-on-one with an executive coach to develop actionable plans to meet your personal and professional goals.
- Learn from business leaders who will share their personal leadership philosophies and the impact of decisions and events on their careers. Executives in Residence and the Leaders in Action lecture series provide networking opportunities with some of these executives.
- Step out of your comfort zone in an immersive leadership challenge that includes a philosophical debate on capitalism and an outdoor expedition.
- Complete a unique course in Leadership Development that facilitates the development of your own leadership philosophy, style, and demonstrated effectiveness.
2023 U.S News and World Report – Part-time MBA
#6 Best Part-time MBA in NC (tie)
CEO Magazine 2022
- 2022 North American MBA - Tier 1 Program
- #30 Global Online MBA
2023 U.S News and World Report – Online MBA
- #1 Private Online MBA in NC
- #4 Online MBA in NC
The International Experience is open to all McColl School graduate students and alumni of graduate programs. It can be completed for credit as an elective course or without the course. Learn more about the upcoming 2023 McColl Graduate International Experience in South Africa!
An innovative curriculum allows you to tailor your experience and acquire the knowledge and skills that are most relevant for your current interests and professional goals.
- Total Credit Hours - 36
- Program Length - 11 months to 3 years
For a full list of course descriptions, please view our course description document.
Customize your degree by choosing three electives that meet the requirement for one of the following concentrations:
- Leadership & Change
- Healthcare Management
- Executive Coaching
- Cybersecurity Management
- Global Business Management
Each concentration is also available as a stand-alone certificate if you do not wish to pursue a degree.
As entrepreneurs, consultants, chairmen, and CEOs, our faculty have made their marks at leading companies and bringing keen insights about what drives success and failure in organizations. Our students have the unique opportunity to learn from an innovative curriculum taught by business-savvy faculty with real-world experience. Most importantly, our faculty thrives on teaching and helping you succeed; they will also provide great networking opportunities for you to help you advance your career as a leader. Meet our faculty.
Your Return on Investment
As a student or alum, you’ll be able to leverage the unparalleled connections that Queens and the McColl School of Business have built with the Charlotte business community.
Tap into these connections by participating in the McColl School Mentoring Program, attending networking events hosted by the McColl School Alumni Association, and utilizing the Vandiver Center for Career Development.
- 48% of graduates reported receiving a raise of at least 10% within 1 year of graduation
- 100% of graduates who wanted to make a career change felt the degree helped them do so
We also understand that affordability is an important factor, and we are able to provide a limited number of fellowships to help students off-set the cost.
MBA Learning Outcomes
- Integrate and synthesize qualitative and quantitative knowledge in functional disciplines.
- Demonstrate leadership competence.
- Design responses to business challenges and opportunities in diverse or global contexts.
- Apply ethical, sustainable, and socially responsible frameworks in decision-making.
- Address business scenarios individually and collaboratively with creativity and innovation.
You can begin this program in August, January or May. Learn more about the requirements, fellowship opportunities and other details regarding the Flexible MBA program. For questions, please contact the McColl School Graduate Admissions Office (email@example.com, 704-337-2224).
Prospective Student Events
The McColl School of Business offers a variety of opportunities to learn more about the MBA program. Our spring information sessions and networking events will be open for registration soon. In the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to visit us on campus, schedule an admissions conversation, experience a class, or connect with students and alumni.
Connect with Us
We'd love to hear from you and partner with you in your professional and personal development.
We can meet with you one-on-one, set up a class visit, or connect you with an alumnus/a.
Dawn Chanland, D.B.A.
Director, Master in Business Administration
Professor of Management & Organizational Behavior
Request more information about our online MBA program.