Master of Business Administration
Take Your First Step Toward Your MBA.
On-campus. Online. On your schedule.
Queens' flexible MBA program is tailored to your meet your needs: take classes on-campus in the evening, online, or through a combination of both.
A New Kind of MBA
Differentiated by our close-knit community, strong ties to the Charlotte business community, and a distinguished reputation for developing leaders, Queens’ MBA now offers the flexibility you need as a working professional with competing priorities.
Create a program that fits your needs and your schedule. Fast-track your MBA to earn your degree in less than 2 years, or slow down your pace to achieve balance between school, work, and other priorities. With optional concentrations and a variety of electives, a customized curriculum will help you gain the business acumen and leadership skills you need to advance your career.
Check out our graduate admissions page for admissions requirements, tuition information, and scholarship opportunities.
"My experience at the McColl School was truly transformational. The faculty were focused on my development—both personally and professionally—and I feel equipped to meet any future challenge."—Tanya Blackmon '00, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Novant Health
Emphasis on Leadership
Built on Hugh McColl’s 3 Cs of Leadership – Competence, Character, and Commitment to Community – the McColl School of Business seeks to develop leaders who act with a keen sense of self-awareness and an understanding of the impact they can have on their organizations and communities. You will develop your capacity for leadership in a variety of ways.
- Work one-on-one with an executive coach to develop actionable plans to meet your personal and professional goals.
- Learn from business leaders who will share their personal leadership philosophies and the impact of decisions and events on their careers. Executives in Residence and the Leaders in Action lecture series provide networking opportunities with some of these executives.
- Step out of your comfort zone in an immersive leadership challenge that includes a philosophical debate on capitalism and an outdoor expedition.
- Complete a unique course in Leadership Development that facilitates the development of your own leadership philosophy, style, and demonstrated effectiveness
- Case studies allow students to analyze real-world business situations and develop recommendations.
- Consulting projects provide students with hands on learning and practical application of skills to help local organizations develop creative solutions and strategies for tackling business challenges.
The International Experience is open to all McColl School graduate students. It can be completed for credit as an elective course.
An innovative curriculum allows you to tailor your experience and acquire the knowledge and skills that are most relevant for your current interests and professional goals.
For a full list of course descriptions, please click here.
Customize your degree by choosing three electives that meet the requirement for one of the following concentrations:
- Leadership & Change
- Healthcare Management
- Executive Coaching
- Cybersecurity Management
- Global Business Management
Each concentration is also available as a stand-alone certificate if you do not wish to pursue a degree.
As entrepreneurs, consultants, chairmen, and CEOs, our faculty have made their marks at leading companies and bringing keen insights about what drives success and failure in organizations. Our students have the unique opportunity to learn from an innovative curriculum taught by business-savvy faculty with real-world experience. Most importantly, our faculty thrives on teaching and helping you succeed; they will also provide great networking opportunities for you to help you advance your career as a leader. Meet our faculty.
Your Return on Investment
As a student or alum, you’ll be able to leverage the unparalleled connections that Queens and the McColl School of Business have built with the Charlotte business community.
Tap into these connections by participating in the McColl School Mentoring Program, attending networking events hosted by the McColl School Alumni Association, and utilizing the Vandiver Center for Career Development.
- 48% of graduates reported receiving a raise of at least 10% within 1 year of graduation
- 100% of graduates who wanted to make a career change felt the degree helped them do so
We also understand that affordability is an important factor, and we are able to provide a limited number of fellowships to help students off-set the cost.
MBA Learning Outcomes
- Integrate and synthesize qualitative and quantitative knowledge in functional disciplines.
- Demonstrate leadership competence.
- Design responses to business challenges and opportunities in diverse or global contexts.
- Apply ethical, sustainable, and socially responsible frameworks in decision-making.
- Address business scenarios individually and collaboratively with creativity and innovation.
You can begin this program in August, January or May. Learn more about the requirements, fellowship opportunities and other details regarding the Flexible MBA program.
Prospective Student Events
The McColl School of Business offers a variety of opportunities to learn more about the MBA program. Our spring information sessions and networking events will be open for registration soon. In the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to visit us on campus, schedule an admissions conversation, experience a class, or connect with students and alumni.
Connect with Us
We'd love to hear from you and partner with you in your professional and personal development.
We can meet with you one-on-one, set up a class visit, or connect you with an alumnus/a.
Liza Munford, M.S.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
Senior Director of Enrollment Management & Student Services