Master of Business Administration
What You’ll Study
With a distinguished reputation for developing leaders, building close-knit community among students and faculty, and offering real world experience within the Charlotte business community, the Queens Master of Business Administration (MBA) offers you the flexibility you need as a working professional with competing priorities. You will learn advanced business knowledge including strategic, financial, and operational expertise to ensure every paying customer or client is satisfied. You will also focus on developing your leadership and management skills, and your business’ overall impact on society.
The Queens MBA program is different than other MBA programs in the following ways:
- Personalized and transformative experience. Our high-caliber faculty and supporting staff partner with you to guide your business career aspirations and help position you for a successful career. Our small classes provide experiential and applied projects to strengthen and individualize your learning.
- Specialized leadership and management emphases. Our signature learning experiences are designed to prepare you to engage others through strategic leadership and vision towards common goals.
- Job opportunities with regional businesses and sense of belonging. We leverage Queens’ location and our longstanding presence in Charlotte to give you access to the region’s best business leaders. Our extensive ties with the region’s business community and our Vandiver Center for Career Development provide ample opportunities for jobs and internships. You will also receive access to a thriving network of business alumni.
- Flexible scheduling and learning options. To align with your busy schedule, we offer you several course formats. If you learn better in a seated class, we offer on-campus options for all core courses. If you prefer a more flexible arrangement, we offer asynchronous, virtual, and hybrid options.
Whether you want to achieve a management role, advance your career on your terms, change careers, rejoin the workforce, fulfill an important business need, or start your own business, Queens can help you get there.
Number of credits: 36-39 credit hours*
*39 credit hours for MBA with specialization. Students may be required to take additional foundation courses.
Number of courses needed to graduate: 12
Average Completion Time: 11 months – 3 years
Cost per credit: $1,165
Flexible Program: In-person, Asynchronously Online, and Hybrid
International Experiences (optional)
To gain specialized knowledge to support your career and maximize your impact, you can customize your degree by choosing three electives that meet the requirement for one of the following six specializations:
- Leadership & Change
- Healthcare Management
- Executive Coaching
- Cybersecurity Management
- Global Business Management
Each specialization is also available as a stand-alone certificate to give you what you need on your schedule.
How Can You Use This Degree?
The Queens MBA is for any professional interested in business careers, such as sales, business development and marketing, finance, accounting, IT, human resources, consulting, operations, and others.
Alumni of our McColl Graduate programs have gone on to work at companies such as:
Ally Financial, Amazon, Ameriprise, Atrium Health, Bank of America, Charlotte Hornets, City of Charlotte, Coca-Cola Consolidated, CSX, Deloitte, Duke Energy, Duke University, General Electric, General Motors, Google, HaneBrands, Hewlett-Packard (HP), IBM, Indiana University, James Madison University, Jeld Wen, JP Morgan Chase, L’Oreal, Lowe’s, 3M, Merrill-Lynch, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Motorola, Novant Health, Oracle, PepsiCo, PwC, Salesforce, Siemens, Spectrum, TD Bank, The Vanguard Group, TIAA, Truist, Verizon, Volvo, Wells Fargo, Zoom, and more.
- Organizational Behavior (MBA 620)
- Marketing Management (MBA 625)
- Investment Analysis (MBA 663)
- Conflict & Negotiation (MBA 683)
“The experience I have gained through the MBA program at Queens has developed my confidence and growth potential more than I could have ever imagined. The faculty truly invests in your ambitions, your classmates will lift you up, and the Queens community at large will inspire you to change the world.” – Destiny Kasubaski Rosado ’23, Recruiting Strategy and DEI Manager, Lamar Advertising.
“My time at the McColl School amplified my leadership abilities while also equipping me with the business fundamentals required to lead and grow a high performing team.” – Akira Shavers ’22, Ally Financial; Manager, Cybersecurity Technology, Endpoint & Data Security Engineering
Dawn Chanland, D.B.A.
MBA Program Director
Professor of Management and Organizational Behavior
Joseph Campos, M.B.A.
Meet Your Professors
The McColl School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) which is the gold standard for business schools. Fewer than six percent of business schools worldwide have obtained AACSB accreditation.
Queens’ MBA is ranked internationally and in North Carolina.
2023 U.S News and World Report – Part-time MBA
- #6 Best Part-time MBA in NC (tie)
CEO Magazine 2022
- 2022 North American MBA – Tier 1 Program
- #30 Global Online MBA
2023 U.S News and World Report – Online MBA
- #1 Private Online MBA in NC
- #4 Online MBA in NC