Skip to Main Content

Top Searched


Resident Resources

You’ve picked your housing, what else do you need to know about living on campus? The Residence Life & Housing team has put together a list of information anyone living on campus needs to know.

Laundry Rooms

Each residence hall is equipped with a laundry room serviced by Mac-Gray Laundry Solutions. All machines are front loading, high efficiency washing machines. Please plan to purchase high efficiency laundry detergent to use when doing laundry. All laundry facilities are free, for residential student use only, and are located in the following areas:

Laundry in basket illustration
  • Albright Hall – Basement
  • Barnhardt Hall – 1st floor
  • Belk Hall – Basement
  • Byrum Hall – both 6th and 7th floors
  • Hayes – 1st Floor
  • HBO Hall – 1st Floor
  • Northwest Hall – 1st Floor
  • Wireman Hall – Available on each floor

Mail Room

Queens University of Charlotte has a Mail Service Center located on the ground floor of Trexler. The mail center serves as a place where students, faculty, and staff can purchase stamps, send packages, and print materials for classes, organizations, and work. Residential students are provided a personal mailbox and key for the duration of their enrollment at Queens. Students can receive mail and packages by utilizing the following address format:

Student Name
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Avenue
MSC # (Insert Mailbox Number)
Charlotte, North Carolina 28274

Maintenance Requests

Campus Services at Queens is responsible for housekeeping and repairs to our on-campus buildings. Students may submit a service request by contacting the Resident Assistant on their floor.

What to Bring?

Consider these suggestions when deciding what to pack for your move to campus. Your residence hall room already includes a bed, desk, desk chair, dresser or wardrobe, and a mini fridge with a microwave. Rooms in Byrum include a standard-sized refrigerator and microwave. We encourage students to contact their roommates before moving to campus; there may be items that you want to share and should discuss before making any purchases.

  • XL twin sheets – Wireman, Belk, Byrum, Northwest, Albright, HBO and Barnhardt Halls
  • Standard twin sheets – Hayes Hall only
  • Bedding: pillows and pillowcases, blankets, comforters
  • Mattress pad
  • Sleep mask
  • Earplugs
  • Sound machine?

  • Dishes, cups, & eating utensils (microwave safe)
  • Coffee/tea maker
  • Sealed plastic containers/bags
  • Napkins or paper towels
  • Personal pots or pans to use in community kitchens
  • Electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, or air fryer
  • Sponges & dish soap

  • Computer & accessories
  • Reading lamp
  • Calendar or planner
  • Portable hard drive or USB drive
  • Push pins
  • Noise cancelling headphones
  • Office supplies?

  • Laundry basket, bag, or pop-out laundry hamper
  • Liquid laundry detergent only
  • Dryer sheets
  • Clothes hangers
  • Iron with auto-shutoff & ironing board
  • Clothing for one season at a time

  • Toiletries (Toilet paper provided in halls except Byrum, Hayes, Northwest, and Wireman)
  • Towels & washcloths
  • Shower shoes
  • Shower caddy for soap, shampoo, etc.
  • Bathrobe

  • Pictures / posters
  • Removable adhesive / hooks / blue tape (We recommend Command strip brand.)
  • TV (one ethernet port per room for streaming)
  • Alexa / Smart device
  • Small area rug

  • Flashlight
  • Small tool set
  • First-aid kit
  • Trash can & bags
  • Cleaning supplies (dust rags, sponge, multipurpose cleaner)
  • Small vacuum or broom with dustpan
  • Closet organizer/shoe racks
  • Batteries for electronics
  • Power strip with protector NOT extension cord
  • Bicycle with durable U-bolt lock

  • Pets other than fish (10-gallon tank limit per person)
  • Personal mattress
  • Weapons
  • Extension cords
  • Appliances with open coils (toaster ovens, small grills, burners, or hot plates)
  • Personal refrigerators
  • Drugs (prescriptions should be clearly labeled and prescribed to student in possession)
  • Candles & incense

Special Accommodations

We are committed to providing an enriching experience regardless of ability or personal circumstances, and we recognize that some students may need special accommodation on campus. Support services and accommodations are provided through the Office of Student Accessibility Services.

If you need an accommodation or have a question about whether you should seek an accommodation, please contact Student Accessibility Services (